Wisehubby and I had been TTC for a while and, on a hunch, discovered his severe male factor infertility--basically, he has an army of mutant sperm. I'm also mutant; I have a clotting disorder: Factor V. We were on the IVF with ICSI track, and I gave birth to a beautiful boy after IVF #2. We've tried varicocele repair, too--ugh. Our frozen embyro transfer ended in miscarriage at 9 weeks 1 day. We don't know where the quest will take us from here.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thirty-two Shots and Counting

I'm thirty-two shots into this IVF cycle, and we still haven't started stimulation. It's just making me really tired; the stress is exhausting and both Lovenox and Lupron list tiredness as common side effects.  In fact, if you Google Lovenox, two suggested searches are, "Lovenox burns like hell," and "Lovenox fog". I have spent a disturbing amount of time in the last week since I started Lupron in combination with Lovenox staring at my computer screen, attempting to will my brain to work productively.

I've stopped the birth control pills, so I should start my period tomorrow or Friday. Once I do, I can set up a plan for when to start stimulating with Menopur and Follistim, putting my daily shot count up to 4. I was looking over my timeline from last year, and it looks like we'll have the retrieval and transfer in about three weeks.

Sorry this one is not a witty or even compelling post. Just sitting here letting the Lovenox burn like hell and put my brain in a non-witty fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment