Wisehubby and I had been TTC for a while and, on a hunch, discovered his severe male factor infertility--basically, he has an army of mutant sperm. I'm also mutant; I have a clotting disorder: Factor V. We were on the IVF with ICSI track, and I gave birth to a beautiful boy after IVF #2. We've tried varicocele repair, too--ugh. Our frozen embyro transfer ended in miscarriage at 9 weeks 1 day. We don't know where the quest will take us from here.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Excitement

IVF is a crazy roller coaster ride of emotions, and this morning we are definitely in the excitement phase of the process. In the moments just before our day five transfer, we can't help but to be filled with  unbridled enthusiasm  for the possibilities. Today, we're getting pregnant. Today, we'll hear that all eight of our excellent embryos are grade A blasts, and that we'll have six for freezing. Today, our journey of infertility is finally going to turn into our journey of parenthood.

I know that all of this could be crap, and we could end up in the same place we were at, just light another $10,000, give or take--thanks again for the discounts Dr. B! But in my heart of hearts, I know that I must believe that today holds something more for us--something greater.


"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." - Matthew 11:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment