Wisehubby and I had been TTC for a while and, on a hunch, discovered his severe male factor infertility--basically, he has an army of mutant sperm. I'm also mutant; I have a clotting disorder: Factor V. We were on the IVF with ICSI track, and I gave birth to a beautiful boy after IVF #2. We've tried varicocele repair, too--ugh. Our frozen embyro transfer ended in miscarriage at 9 weeks 1 day. We don't know where the quest will take us from here.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Days Past Transfer


5-Day Transfer

Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
Embryo Development
OneThe blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
TwoThe blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
ThreeThe blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
FourImplantation continues
FiveImplantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
SixHuman chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
SevenFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
EightFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
NineLevels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

We're wrapping up day one past transfer, and I've become obsessed with the above chart that I procured from the NYU Fertility Center website. Today I tried to lay around as much as possible while our Wisembies are hopefully hatching.

With a lot of time on my hands to lay around staring at their picture, I decided to name the Wisembies Ace and Base. Ace is the AA embryo and Base just seemed like the right partner to Ace. Hopefully they see the welcome sign down in my uterus and stick around.

Today my mom, dad, sister, niece, and nephew came over at lunch time, so I turned off the TV and spent all afternoon talking with my favorite people. My niece took my husband to play at the playground, and I got to cuddle my infant nephew, who was able to be there because my sister is still on maternity leave.

It felt right having the family together with Ace and Base trying their hardest to join our family. Only time will tell though.

No comments:

Post a Comment