Wisehubby and I had been TTC for a while and, on a hunch, discovered his severe male factor infertility--basically, he has an army of mutant sperm. I'm also mutant; I have a clotting disorder: Factor V. We were on the IVF with ICSI track, and I gave birth to a beautiful boy after IVF #2. We've tried varicocele repair, too--ugh. Our frozen embyro transfer ended in miscarriage at 9 weeks 1 day. We don't know where the quest will take us from here.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Life after IVF

I actually had a pretty great first day post IVF. I started the morning without a shot for the first time in over a month. At work, I drank all the caffeine I wanted, and heavily medicated my sinus headache. I plotted with my friend to overthrow a committee. After school, I headed to meet a new bride for my wedding planning business. She's going to be such an easy going person to work with, and I can tell that she needs the support that I can offer her. I even looked awesome in a power dress and my black leather pumps. I painted my nails fresh and put on my wedding pearls.

On my way home, I chose to drive through Taco Delite for a taco plate. This local fast food chain is a sure winner in my book, and I knew that it would be the perfect end to a good day.

Then, I saw it. Sitting in the dining room of Taco Delite was a young couple, happily absorbed in their baby--well, and their tacos (they ARE delicious). A pang of incredible jealousy and sadness rushed through me.

So, I'm not doing great, but I can still take pleasure in my life. At least I got to wash those conflicting feelings down with a beer tonight.

1 comment:

  1. If you are experiencing difficulties in becoming pregnant naturally, you may be considering seeking medical assistance in the form of IVF. Many thousands of couples worldwide have become parents using this technique, but before embarking on this journey, you would probably like to know, "How does IVF work?"

    IVF Cost

    ReplyDelete