Wisehubby and I had been TTC for a while and, on a hunch, discovered his severe male factor infertility--basically, he has an army of mutant sperm. I'm also mutant; I have a clotting disorder: Factor V. We were on the IVF with ICSI track, and I gave birth to a beautiful boy after IVF #2. We've tried varicocele repair, too--ugh. Our frozen embyro transfer ended in miscarriage at 9 weeks 1 day. We don't know where the quest will take us from here.

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Good signs

Well, that beauty is now hopefully on its way to being our Wisebaby. Here are some signs from our FET that are good:
-Our nurse was my labor and delivery nurse! She remembered me and asked after our son by name. 
-Dr. B said that if he didn't know our embryo had been frozen, he would have thought it was fresh because it was so pretty.
-The embryo started hatching. One potential barrier to implantation is if the embryo doesn't hatch. They're is even a service offered for assisted hatching.
-My bed rest times perfectly before returning to work. Taking time off during professional development is a big no-no.
-Adjusting for a scheduled induction based on my first pregnancy, I should be due for my 30th birthday! A baby would be the perfect present.
-One of my college roommates is going through IVF this week! Eep! God has put is into each other's lives to help each other through this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment